[Fsfe-ie] New minister / new letter

Malcolm Tyrrell malcohol at eircom.net
Thu Sep 30 11:36:38 CEST 2004

After the cabinet reshuffle, Mary Harney has moved to health. Michéal
Martin is now the Minister for Enterprise, Trade, & Employment. I assume
that he will represent the Irish position when the Council next meets
to discuss the software patent's issue. Is this correct?

Assuming I'm correct, we should write a new letter and send it to him.

Issues for this letter:
* Congratulations on / welcome to your new job
* Summary of software patents situation (adjusted to take into account
  "translations" delay)
* When the Council meets to discuss this issue again, please revert to
  Parliament's position.

Good luck,

Malcohol.