[Fsfe-ie] Indymedia Invitation

Anthony ant at unison.ie
Mon Apr 25 10:25:36 CEST 2005

David Cathcart wrote:
> As discussed at the last meeting
> (http://www.ifso.ie/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/Minutes_202005_2004_2019) IFSO have
> been invited to an Indymedia Dublin meeting. We agreed this was
> generally a good thing in the meeting. Unfortunately 3 of the committee
> will be out of the country on the date in question, and one other has
> exams (me). If anyone would like to volunteer to go along it would be
> greatly appreciated, we could pass on CD's etc to hand out. Details
> follow:

Hi all,

I'm one of the volunteers who work on the Indymedia web site. I emailed
Dunk (the guy who is putting on this event) and told him that I'd go
along to this so that there would be at least one member of the
editorial collective in attendance. I can't say how many people would be
coming along to this event as the meeting place isn't very central and
it looks like it could be organised a bit better.

I'm an advocate of free software and at past events I have distributed
copies of the Open CD [1], GNUWinII [2], and Knoppix. I also picked
up a few copies of the IFSO CD when Malcolm, Ciaran and others came to
the centre Indymedia were using this time last year. I'd be happy to
download and burn a few ISOs of the most recent IFSO CD to distribute at
this event. Is ifso-morphix-final-25-08-2004.iso the most up to date
version?

-Anthony

[1] http://gnuwin.epfl.ch/en/index.html
[2] http://www.theopencd.org/