[Fsfe-ie] Sept 3rd Deadline for Free PCs for Orgs

- M e l - hashbang at oceanfree.net
Tue Aug 30 14:30:51 CEST 2005

All

Can't divulge further details for now, but there is a plentiful supply of Free
PCs being replaced and shipped blank to schools and charitable organisations
upon request.  These will be OS-Free, so I'm hopeful of being able to use this
chance to put educational software on them.

EduUbuntu isn't ready right now (see the recent changes on the Wiki), but Regular
Ubuntu WILL be (Breezy).  I have set up a SPECIAL email account where you can
make me aware of any interested parties.

For spam protection that account has the initials of "Software Freedom Day"
at Linux Factory dot EyeEe!

Mel

ps: You'll want the spec:
The minimum specification of the PCs is Pentium 3, 128MB of RAM, 10GB hard disk,
733Mgz Processor, a mouse and monitor, there will be no operating system installed
on the PC.
There will be no charge for these PCs
If your agency is interested in acquiring some of these PCs
free of charge can you please submit to me on suitably headed paper a
request for their required number by September 3rd?

Get BT Broadband from only EUR15 per month! Enjoy always-on internet
for less! Check it out at http://www.btireland.ie