[Fsfe-ie] Pro-patents sites

Glenn Strong Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Thu Feb 3 12:01:08 CET 2005

On Thursday, February 3, 2005 at 10:37 +0000, Ian Clarke wrote:
> Campaign for Creativity is run by Simon Gentry, a PR professional who
> works as a hired-gun outfit for corporate lobby groups (previously he
> successfully lobbied for the extremist "Life Patent" Directive which is
> causing all sorts of problems).  C4C is a front for corporate interests
> masquerading as a grass-roots organisation.
>

> I'm not sure about patents4innovation, but I suspect it is similar.

They look to be slightly more honest, in that their corporate
interests are declared on the "about us" page:

About us
 This site is the product of collaborative efforts from a wide body of
 concerned actors in the European technology industry, members of EICTA
 - including:

 Accenture, Adobe, Agilent, Alcatel, Apple, Bang&Olufsen, Blaupunkt,
 Bull, Canon, Corning, Dell, EADS, Epson, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Grundig,
 Hitachi, HP, IBM, Infineon, Intel, JVC, Kenwood, Konica-Minolta,
 Lexmark, LG Electronics, Loewe Opta, Lucent, Marconi, Microsoft,
 Motorola, NEC, NEC-Mitsubishi, Nokia, Nortel, Panasonic, Philips,
 Pioneer, Samsung, Sanyo, SAP, Sharp, Siemens, Sony, Symantec, Texas
 Instruments, Thales, Thomson, Toshiba.

--
Glenn Strong