[Fsfe-ie] Reply from Brian Crowley

James Heald j.heald at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 15:30:59 CET 2005

Malcolm Tyrrell wrote:

>>He didn't mention then why, on our understanding, he was the single
>>solitary MEP to vote against ?
>

> Is there confirmation of this somewhere? I had a look around the europarl
> site and, as usual, became confused.
>
> Malcohol.

The FFII people who were there thought the vote against was from him.

But no official record of names and votes was taken -- so we are not
conclusively sure.

My understanding is that the committee basically got pretty disappointed
and hostile with Charlie McCreevy -- so Crowley's vote can possibly be
seen as a Fianna Fail solidarity vote with the Commissioner.

But that assumes we've identified him correctly as the MEP who voted
against.