[Fsfe-ie] Patent letter, new, long

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Sun Jan 23 22:19:43 CET 2005

Ian Clarke writes:
> I know this is very late in the day for this letter

Sending has been delayed, hopefully only until Tuesday, but it could be
longer than that if people want to hold back.

> I am a bit concerned that the explanation of the problems with software
> patents misses the wood for the trees somewhat

I'm confused by this, I thought sections 1 A&B got to the core of the
problem and showed the harm.

> http://locut.us/~ian/blog/archives/39-What-is-wrong-with-software-patents.html

I skimmed the article since the net cafe I'm in is threatening to close, but
I couldn't see how it relates to or highlights a problem in the letter.
You'll have to spell it out for me.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/