[Fsfe-ie] RTE's Morning Ireland on swpat directive

Malcolm Tyrrell malcoh0l at yahoo.ie
Wed Jul 6 10:38:17 CEST 2005

> The Morning Ireland show this morning had another piece on the swpat
> directive...

I heard it. I don't think that the ISA person fully understands the
issues. Interestingly, the questions posed bore a strong similarity
to parts of our press release. Of course, most of the literature from
the people opposing software patents uses the similar arguments, so it
might be a coincidence. One thing that annoyed me about the item
was the fact that for/against software patents was equated with
for/against the directive.

Malcohol.