[Fsfe-ie] transcript of one of Moglen's talks

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Thu Jul 28 10:47:58 CEST 2005

A transcript of Moglen's June 2004 Wizards of Os keynote is just now online:
http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/publications/berlin-keynote.html

The audio (which I prefer) has been online for a while:
http://www.archive.org/download/3_do_t1_11h_3-Moglen_a/3_do_t1_11h_3-Moglen.ogg

After Stallman, Moglen's the best free software speaker I know.  I think
it'd be good for the FS movement if he was more widely known.

In the first few minutes of this talk, I think audience members could get
the impression that he's unfortunately too academic, but he clears himself
of that if you listen past the third-of-the-way point.  The questions and
answers if excellent too.

More info, audios, transcripts, etc. of Moglen can be found in Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eben_Moglen

--
Ciarán O'Riordan,                               |  Support FSFE's work against
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/              | software patents by becoming