[Fsfe-ie] Interesting development from gpl-violations.org

Malcolm Tyrrell malcohol at eircom.net
Wed Jun 8 14:32:40 CEST 2005

> Is it within IFSO's remit to make known that there are doubts about the
> correct use of Free Software licensing on the system?

Well spotted Eibhear. I would say that it falls squarely within our remit
("defending Free Software").

Probably the best approach would be for IFSO to ask gpl-violations.org
if we can be of assistance. It may be that a simple letter from
gpl-violations is all that would be required to resolve the issue, in which
case independant action by IFSO might have a negative effect.

Malcohol.