[Fsfe-ie] IFSO Wiki updates
IfsoWiki at ifso.ie
IfsoWiki at ifso.ie
Sat Jun 25 09:00:01 CEST 2005
* MalcolmTyrrell IfsoPromoSat, 25 Jun 2005 07:00:01 -0000
* IfsoPromo/AboutIfso - A short paragraph (10 lines, perhaps) that can be added to all outgoing press releases, open letters, etc. This gives some background on IFSO for people who have never heard of us.
+ * IfsoPromo/AboutFreeSoftware - Our Free Software definition used for promotional publications. The main ones seems a little clunky.
+ URL: http://www.ifso.ie/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/IfsoPromo?action=diff
* DavidCathcart IfsoPromo/AboutFreeSoftwareSat, 25 Jun 2005 07:00:01 -0000
Initial checkin URL: http://www.ifso.ie/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/IfsoPromo/AboutFreeSoftware?action=diff
* CiaranOriordan SwpatMepArgumentsSat, 25 Jun 2005 07:00:01 -0000
used authorative url council text
The full text of the Common Position is available here:
A pdf of just the page with Article 5 paragraph 2 is here: URL: http://www.ifso.ie/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/SwpatMepArguments?action=diff
* CiaranOriordan SwpatBulletPointsSat, 25 Jun 2005 07:00:01 -0000
- * '''Software patents facilitate off-shoring'''. When companies own rights
+ * '''Software patents facilitate off-shore out-sourcing of jobs'''. When companies own rights
to using software ideas, development
can be moved to low cost economies without fear that the experienced european
staff they're letting go will form a competing venture.
- * '''European patents are only enforceable in Europe'''. To prevent an idea
+ * '''European patents are only enforceable in Europe.''' To prevent an idea
from being used in the USA, you need a US patent, not a European patent. Europeans
can already get US patents.
@@ -17, +17 @@
develop and publish their results. Legitimising 40,000 software patents will
- * '''The Council's text discarded all meaningful limits adopted by the parliament'''
+ * '''The Council's text discarded all meaningful limits adopted by the parliament.''' This
... URL: http://www.ifso.ie/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/SwpatBulletPoints?action=diff
* DavidOcallaghan SoftwarePatents/DraftPressReleaseSat, 25 Jun 2005 07:00:01 -0000
* It is according to http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.software.ie -- DavidOcallaghan [[DateTime(2005-06-24T20:39:11Z)]]
* raging paranoia mode: Is a request to support Michel Rocard's position okay? What if he changes his tune at the last minute?
* Not sure. I think this is the advice I've been hearing. Better might be to support the FFII recommended amendments. However, I think MEPs will know Rocard's position better than they will know that of the FFII. -- DavidOcallaghan [[DateTime(2005-06-24T20:39:11Z)]]
+ * It would be nice to recall that the EP had previously supported our position and that we need them to do it again! We may want to tone down or omit complaints about the Commission and its undemocratic moves on this directive -- DavidOcallaghan [[DateTime(2005-06-24T22:11:44Z)]] URL: http://www.ifso.ie/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/SoftwarePatents/DraftPressRelease?action=diff
More information about the FSFE-IE