[Fsfe-ie] Gay Mitchell

Bryan O'Donoghue typedef at eircom.net
Sat Jun 25 17:14:12 CEST 2005

Ryan Meade wrote:
> Somebody on politics.ie posted the following response to an email he sent to
> Gay Mitchell:
>
> --
> Thank you for your email. I have recently been to a debate on the directive
> and met an Irish group, a cross-section of interested parties some very
> small operators included, and they all come down on the "common position",
> ie the agreed position of the Council of Ministers more or less. There are
> hundreds of amendments down at Parliament level and I am taking advice on
> these. I am taking advice on your concerns and will revert to you. Kind
> regards, Gay Mitchell.

It's worth noting Gay Mitchell, has always been in favour of software
patents, perhaps his too-right wing politics are what got him rusticated
to the European Parliment.

In any case, it's hardly surprising that Mr Mitchell is siezing on
"objective" reasons, to back up a decision he's already made.

Best Regards,
Bryan.

--
Bashir: The point is, if you lie all the time, no one is ever going to
	believe you.

Topic, "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" in "Improbable Cause"