[Fsfe-ie] IFSO Wiki updates

IfsoWiki at ifso.ie IfsoWiki at ifso.ie
Wed Jun 29 09:00:02 CEST 2005

 * 193.120.144.172 SwpatBulletPointsWed, 29 Jun 2005 07:00:02 -0000
     classifications like "pure software", grammatical tricks like "software as such", and
      undefined terms like "technical", and "field of technology".

    + Addition by Mel (I think this is the most critical part)
    + * '''If unsure, don't do something unfixable.'''.  This should be VERY prominant.
 * DavidGolden SoftwarePatents/DraftPressReleaseWed, 29 Jun 2005 07:00:02 -0000
     Title caps as per colm

      '''DRAFT - NOT FOR RELEASE'''

    - = Software Patents Bad for SMEs and Free Software - IFSO =
    + = SOFTWARE PATENTS BAD FOR SMES AND FREE SOFTWARE - IFSO =

      Sheer Cheek from me now - alternate title? -- DavidGolden

    @@ -112, +112 @@

           * Not to disagree in the main with Colm here, but AFAIK do worry somewhat about word count if you are pushing onto a wire service, you're charged for all the words, not just the quotes the journos use. Worrying about word count should make for snappier quotes anyhoo :-) -- DavidGolden
        * I tend to be brutally honest, I really should have mentioned that. -- Colm MacCarthaigh (colm at stdlib.net)
            * Nowt wrong with that. I suggest people look over something like http://toolkit.prnewswire.com/PRNewswireEurope/writingtips.shtml
    -  * Oh, I left something out. Convention holds that you CAPITALISE THE TITLE of a press-release. Though increasingly this is becoming optional, capitalising the title makes you look like you know what you're at :) -- CMC
    +  * Oh, I left something out. Convention holds that you CAPITALISE THE TITLE of a press-release. Though increasingly this is becoming optional, capitalising the title makes you look like you know what you're at :) -- CMC [Capitalised...] URL: http://www.ifso.ie/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/SoftwarePatents/DraftPressRelease?action=diff