[Fsfe-ie] No restart of the Directive

Barry Mahon barry.mahon at iol.ie
Wed Mar 2 13:51:18 CET 2005

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:00:13 +0100, <fsfe-ie-request at fsfeurope.org> wrote:

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Commission won't restart patents directive (Malcolm Tyrrell)

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:41:55 +0000
>> From: "Malcolm Tyrrell" <malcohol at eircom.net>
> Subject: [Fsfe-ie] Commission won't restart patents directive
> To: fsfe-ie at fsfeurope.org
>

> http://wiki.ffii.org/Com050228En
>
> Sigh,
>
> Malcohol.

Yes, sigh, - the FFII text is a bit incoherent, maybe illustrating the 'rage' of FFII; but do I take the text to mean that the EP will reject it if it goes back (after being passed as A, which should be unlikely)?

Based on the short term thinking of pols I would not be so sure the EP would reject it - it could easily be 'negotiated' in the context of some other item the EP wants to get through.

Back to the trenches.....if McC didn't support the decision to reject the restart (as seems likely) then did we make any progress on contacting his cabinet?

Bye, Barry