[Fsfe-ie] Microsoft wants reform of patent law

Bryan O'Donoghue typedef at eircom.net
Sat Mar 12 11:33:59 CET 2005

David Golden wrote:
> On Friday 11 March 2005 17:51, Teresa Hackett wrote:
>
>> From edri list
>>
>>See
>>

>>http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/mar05/03-10PatentRef
>>orm.asp

This is "me tooism" by Microsoft, which clearly doesn't want to appear
to be trying to annex any _more_ of the computer industry[1], whilst
trying to prorouge democracy in the EU, by shoehorning a Patent
Directive which allows for Patents on Pure Software and Business Methods.

The devil can site scripture for his own purposes etc..

[1] Would it be possible for Microsoft's monopoly to be any _more_
entrenched ? I guess it would be, but, it's difficult to imagine.