[Fsfe-ie] GPL enforcement in Ireland

Bryan O'Donoghue typedef at eircom.net
Tue May 24 16:37:25 CEST 2005

Greetings FSFE people.

I'm wondering, if there has ever been a instance of GPL enforcement in
Ireland ?

I'm quite sure, there are vendors distributing GPL software, without
providing source code or the three year offer to provide the source to
third parties.

Mostly, I'd say, this is due to a lack of knowledge and is not done out
of any delibrate malice.

However, I, would be interested in hearing about enforcement of the GPL,
for willfull violators in Ireland.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/F/Fr/Free_Software_Foundation.htm

Says that there is an enforcement, branch of FSF, has this actually ever
been used in Ireland, or in Europe outside of German courts ?

--

Best Regards,
Bryan