[Fsfe-ie] Wiki noise (administrivia)

Glenn Strong Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Wed May 25 22:55:54 CEST 2005

On Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 10:20 -0700, Justin Mason wrote:
> > OK, there's a clear consensus that mail should go to this list, and
> > that it should include diffs. That's fine by me. I'll knock something
> > together to do that.
>
> excellent!  thanks Glenn.

No problem. Luckily for me it turned out to be easy.

> (ps: I was thinking about how one would collate diffs into a single daily
> posting; if you haven't already got something together, here's what I was
> considering, if it might be helpful.  1. set the wiki up to mail all diffs
> to a mailing list; 2. create that list; 3. subscribe *this* list to *that*
> mailing list, in digest mode, set to receive one digest mail per day.)

That would certainly do the trick.

I was actually gearing up to hack some python thing together when I
found that there's already an option to include diffs in the RSS feed!

Exactly how you're supposed to find out about it I'm not sure. I found
it by looking the source for the MoinMoin rss generator, though it's
also mentioned in the feed itself (there's a comment at the top of the
XML document).

Anyway, email reports on the wiki will resume tomorrow morning at 8am,
listing changes from this moment onwards. Diffs will be included.

--
Glenn Strong