[Fsfe-ie] Cultivate Centre

Malcolm Tyrrell malcoh0l at yahoo.ie
Fri Oct 14 14:46:45 CEST 2005

Hi there.

I happened to be at a talk / book launch last night at the Cultivate
Centre in Dublin:

http://www.sustainable.ie/cultivate/

I hadn't heard of them before, but the introduction before the talk
mentioned their concerns with "sustainability" and made me feel
that Free Software might be there kind of thing. In fact, I searched
their site and discovered:
1. They screened Revolution OS in 2003
2. They are offering an "intership" developing their IT stuff:

http://www.sustainable.ie/cultivate/internships.htm

which explicitly uses Free Software tools. I think we should make
contact but, before e-mailing them out-of-the-blue, I thought I'd
see if anyone on the list is involved with them.

Incidently, the topic of the talk was Buckminster Fuller:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckminster_Fuller

What a complete madser!

Good luck,

Malcohol.