[Fsfe-ie] Help requested for publicising Saturday April 29th talks by Federico Heinz in Dublin

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Mon Apr 24 18:19:27 CEST 2006

Event information page: http://www.ifso.ie/events/2006-04-29/

It will be an interesting afternoon and won't be repeatable for a long
time, so I'd like to make the most of it.

The notice is too short to allow news of this event to trickle through
any usual channels, so it would be most useful to directly contact
individuals and organisations who you think might/should be interested
in the topics of "Free Software and Education" and "The Imperative for
Free Software in Government & Public Administration".

I've been doing this and have gotten a handful of postive responses.
I can only do this on a small scale, but if this was done by everyone
on the list that would like to see Free Software used more in
education and government, then the scale would be large.

Saturday April 29th is five days away, so direct contact such as
sending emails or making phone calls would be most useful.  Also
useful would be to mention it on websites would be useful, but direct
contact is better given the time scale.

Or if you have ideas for what types of people or what specific
organisations should be contacted, post them here so that someone else
might be able to do so.

Who should be interested:

* Companies hoping to sell free software solutions to public administration
* University researchers
* School employees
* Free software advocates of all types, particularly those in universities

--
Ciarán O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by