[Fsfe-ie] distro info

Brian Brazil bbrazil at netsoc.tcd.ie
Tue Aug 29 19:58:19 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 01:38:32PM +0100, A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk wrote:
> Paul,
> 	I'm very interested in this.  Two questions out of interest
> 1) What do you do with APCI as most hardware is not very useful without
> power-control and it seems that APCI is binary-only by design.

At the moment we leave it as is. I'm not aware of any non-freeness with
the ACPI parts of the kernel, but if there are please let us know.

> 2) Any plans for a launchpad type system?  The Genius of Ubuntu for me
> seems to be that they manage the project internally as a source based
> distro (think Gentoo) but only push binaries to the end users.

At the moment we've a very simple build and bug tracking system. We
intend to keep everything pretty simple - at least at this stage of the
project and until we have a team that could build and support such
infrastructure.

Brian

--
Website: http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~bbrazil