[Fsfe-ie] FSFE Freedom Task Force - a new project to help Free Software

Shane M. Coughlan shane at shaneland.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 22:40:33 CET 2006

Good evening all!

It's late at night here in Zurich and I decided to write a little
message to everyone about the Freedom Task Force (FTF) [1].

The FTF is a project in Free Software Foundation Europe to help people
with licensing matters in the European area.  It's got a full-time
coordinator (that's me), a network of legal and technical experts, and a
volunteer list for people to help out [2].

The FTF focuses on three things:
Licence education
Fiduciary activity
Licensing enforcement

We officially launched the project recently [3] and we have been helping
individuals, projects and businesses with various matters around Free
Software licensing issues.  One of the most interesting events was the
signing of the Fiduciary License Agreement with the Bacula Project [4].
 This enables FSFE to act as the legal guardian for Bacula.

I'd really appreciate if you could help spread the word about the FTF.
Tell projects.  Blog.  Spread the word at your LUG.

Meanwhile, if you have any questions regarding Free Software licensing
please drop me a line.  The best way to get quick answers is to submit
questions to ftf at fsfeurope.org because then the data will go directly
onto our tracker.

Regards

Shane