[Fsfe-ie] help with promoting "FOSS Means Business", March 16th Belfast

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Fri Feb 17 14:28:30 CET 2006

This event needs help wth promotion.  (I'll do the IPRED2 thing I mail about
yesterday.)

I've made a page on the event wiki to help people promote it:
http://foss-means-business.org/Promotion

The news of the event doesn't seem to be spreading, and it's 27 days away,
and since it's daytime, many people need to hear about it early so they can
get the time out of the office.

So hopefully that page has the info that people need to spread it around -
and if it doesn't, it's a wiki, so a note can be added or suggestions and
questions can be discussed here.

The venue can hold 750 and it can be reconfigured if necessary to hold 1150,
so there's no ceiling really on how many people can attend.

A press release about the event will go out on Monday, but the majority of
free software users, have probably not heard about it.  It would be a shame
if the turn-out was low.  I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in
hearing Stallman and Perens if they knew the event was happening.  There's
still enough time, we just need some more momentum kinda quickly.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan, _________|   Belfast, Northern Ireland, March 16th
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ |         \\ FOSS Means Business //