[Fsfe-ie] Latest on March 16th event: FOSS Means Business

Adam Moran adam at webarchitects.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 15:48:38 CET 2006

[ FOSS Means Business : http://foss-means-business.org/ ]

17/02/06 15:33 Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> Adam Moran <adam at webarchitects.co.uk> writes:

>>One thing that sprang to mind is that some folk tend to ignore stuff
>>if they get it for nothing.
>

> Charging could have been an option if the event didn't fall into a black
> hole from mid-December to early-February.  With 27 days, no chance.

Good point.

Is there a list specifically for this event or is it ok to post stuff
here ?

> * raising funds for improving the event's appearance

 From whom and how do I get approval if I want to approach an
organisation for sponsorship ?

Also I'd be interested in the event having a talk about local and
european funding availability, best practice etc. -- I've copied in the
Fp6 list and connected-communities for their information / thoughts.

>>> There's 13 there now - lucky for some  ;)
>

> None of those were down to luck  :-P

;) - there's 54 there now, and I spotted this NI Gov blog at
http://www.technorati.com/tag/Open+Source?start=10:

http://niegu.typepad.com/weblog/2006/02/top_open_source.html

--
Adam