[Fsfe-ie] GPLv3 - what should/could we plan?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Mon Jan 9 15:54:48 CET 2006

The first public draft of the GPLv3 will be published on January 16th along
with an explanatory document about why each change was made.  If anyone has
ideas for people we should keep informed, or press we should inform, or
noise we should make, or whatever, now's one of the finest times to mention
them.

Secondary stuff:

I won't be able to make the Jan 17th IFSO meeting (apologies) as I will be
at the GPLv3 launch conference on Jan 16th & 17th in Boston[0].

>From there, I'll be coming to Ireland on the morning of Thursday the 19th,
but that evening I'll be heading to Belfast for their monthly GNU/Linux user
group meeting.

If there's anything I can do, or if people want to meet on Thursday daytime
or Friday day/evening - I'm up for it.

I'll be heading back to Brux some time on Friday the 20th.

I'm not sure what sort of Internet connections or phone facilities will be
available at the conference, but if there's a want, I could do my best to
provided somewhat-live coverage there.

[0] I originally declined since entering the USA means having to submit to
    being fingerprinted by the US government, and the Irish government will
    be required to send over a load of data about me (which the US
    government has shown it has no intention of keeping confidential).
    After a lot of thinking, I've decided the reasons in favour of going are
    more important.  I'll keep my spending there to a minimum so that at
    least the US government won't financially benefit from FSF's bad choice
    of event host countries.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan, _________|  Support free software: join FSFE's Fellowship
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ |   & encourage others to do so: http://fsfe.org