[Fsfe-ie] How is the GPLv3 process going?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Mon Mar 20 17:06:33 CET 2006

The public consultation for drafting GPLv3 is one of my main projects right
now.  It's been running for two months and one problem myself and others
working on this have is that we can't gauge how the process is going, so I'm
seeking comments on the process.

Comments on the draft licence text should go to gplv3.fsf.org, but I'm
looking for comments on the consultation process rather than the license
text:

Are you happy with the current draft?

a) don't know
b) yes
c) no

Is your opinion based on:

a) reading it
b) statements of someone you trust
c) opinion of FSF's work
d) other: please specify

If you have not submitted any comments, what are the reasons for not doing so?

If there was a half-day event in Dublin for discussing GPLv3, would you go?

What questions should I add/change in this email before I send a similar one
to ilug and fsfe-uk tomorrow morning?

Thanks in advance for any replies on or off list.
--
Ciarán O'Riordan ______________________ \    To support free software, join
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _____________ \     and tell others about FSFE's