[Fsfe-ie] IFSO Meeting: Wednesday 17th January, 2000h, Mahaffey's Pub

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Mon Jan 15 14:19:32 CET 2007

Malcolm Tyrrell <malcoh0l at yahoo.ie> writes:
> This Wednesday is the third of the month, so there will be an
> IFSO meeting. Mahaffey's pub from 8pm:

The second thing I'd like to bring up is the question of how we could get
our EU lobbying work active again if we had someone (me) full-time helping
us (among other groups).

I focussed on GPLv3 in 2006, but in 2007 I'll be back on lobbying and
instead of focussing on the MEPs, I'd like to focus on getting the various
free software supporter groups across the EU active.

This is subject to the clearance of my superiors, but I want to raise this
now to generate ideas and since I won't get another chance to raise it
face-to-face until February 21st.

IPRED2 is currently the main legislation issue:
http://www.fsfeurope.org/projects/ipred2/

There there are also things the crop up from time to time such as the
European Commission not using free video formats etc.  These are things we
could work on but it's too much effort to get active from a standing start
each time.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by