[Fsfe-ie] 3rd Fellowship Raffle to attract more Fellows

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Mon Mar 12 15:56:51 CET 2007

On April 1st (no joke), FSFE will hold by far its biggest Fellowship raffle
yet.  The goal is to encourage more people to join the Fellowship, so we're
asking for your help spread the word.  We've made some graphics if you'd
like to use them, and more general information is here:
http://fsfe.org/en/fellows/raffle/2007/raffle_2007

If you've been waiting for the right time to join the Fellowship, or if you
know people who value free software or intend to join but haven't gotten
around to it, now's a good time.

The prizes this year are:

* 1 Free Software Greenphone from Trolltech
* 2 Free Software based routers KWGR614, from NETGEAR
* 1 LinSoft BTP-PC amounting to 500 EUR, from linsoft.de
* 4 USB smart card readers SCR-335, compatible with the Fellowship
    crypto card on all GNU/Linux distributions, from kernelconcepts.de
* 2 Omnikey PCMCIA CardMan 4040, compatible with the Fellowship crypto
    card on all GNU/Linux distributions, from xtops.de
* 30 German books (among German speaking Fellows only), from linuxland.de
* 3 Developer Discount codes for Nokia N800 Internet Tablets from Nokia
    NOTICE: special conditions apply to the N800 prizes, see:
    http://fsfe.org/en/fellows/raffle/2007/special_conditions_for_nokia_n800

Everyone that is a Fellow on April 1st, new and old, will be included in the
raffle.

Since it's launch in February 2005, the Fellowship has been a great success.
It's enabled FSFE to interact more directly with the community, it's aided
the organising of local Fellowship meetings.

In recent years, mostly thanks to the financial support of the Fellowship,
FSFE has grown to include 5 full-time and 2 part-time staff doing GPL
enforcement, EU/UN/WIPO lobbying, GPLv3 awareness, volunteer coordination,
events, and media relations as well as national activities.

We want to grow the Fellowship to further increase the work that FSFE does.

Finally, we'd like to thank the hardware vendors who have donated the
prizes.  FSFE is glad to see that hardware vendors see the importance
of a future without lock-in and dependency.

So please help spread the word: If anyone was waiting to join, now is the
time.  Putting a logo on your webpages or forwarding a message to relevent
mailing lists would a good way to help FSFE.

And good luck to all the Fellows, new and old on April 1st!

--
Ciarán O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by