[Fsfe-ie] Software Freedom Day - Dublin - September 15th

David Faherty daveyfaherty at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 12:44:19 CEST 2007

Hello all,
This an open invitation to all those motivated to do something for Software
Freedom Day on the 15th in Dublin.
All ideas and offers are welcomed at this stage, it's 12 days away,
but something low-key is better than nothing at all, although what we can
put together depends on our enthusiasm.

I'm involved in Seomra Spraoi, an autonomous social centre in Dublin,
and we have a fairly good chance of getting a room there (off Capel St)
to use as a base of operations and/or meeting space.
I raised this issue at our meeting last Thursday, and nobody has a problem
with it.
However we have to know what exactly our event will be before it can be
proposed officially.

There is an all-ages rock gig in the centre on the same day, kicking off
about 3pm,
so it might be easier to have any talks before that time.

All ideas, opinions and suggestions very welcome, we'll have to move fast
to get this done right. that said, it's going to be Dublin's first event to
mark
Software Freedom Day, so by default, it's going to be the best one ever!

Respond to the fsfe-ie list for public comments,
or to daveyfaherty at gmail.com for private questions.

thanks,
hope to see as many as possible of you on the 15th,
Davey Faherty