[Fsfe-ie] Ireland approved OOXML

Daithí Mac Síthigh macsithd at tcd.ie
Mon Apr 7 15:23:33 CEST 2008

>  Does anyone know what government department the NSAI belongs to? I know
>  it's an independent body, but it gets its funding from somewhere.

Hi,

The NSAI has its own legislation (the National Standards Authority of
Ireland Act 1996); the responsible minister (and the person who
appoints the Board) is Enterprise, Trade & Employment (DETE).

For what it's worth, the NSAI is capable of being FOIed in its own
right (not all public bodies are) which might be of some use.  In
addition, DETE has a desk that acts as the go-between for
NSAI/Department relations
(http://www.entemp.ie/enterprise/standards/work.htm) which can be a)
contacted and b) FOIed.

Within the Estimates, it gets its own allocation (€8m last year!) in
the list of DETE agencies (classed with bodies like Forfás, Enterprise
Ireland etc).

Daithí

--
Daithí Mac Síthigh