[Fsfe-ie] amendments to telecommunications legislation

Tim Kersten tim at io41.com
Tue Jul 8 17:09:12 CEST 2008

Concerning the amendments to telecommunications legislation, I wrote to Eoin
Ryan to express my worries and show him the opinions of Glyn Moody, from
http://www.computerworlduk.com/COMMUNITY/BLOGS/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=1001
.

I'm not sure in how far this is relevant as the above article clams the vote
was yesterday, I have asked Eoin Ryan's permission to show you his response.
I was hoping that someone more knowledgeable that I, from the fsfe-ie would
be kind enough to respond to Mr. Ryan's reply.

Dear Mr Kersten,

> Thank you for your email regarding your concerns with the Telecoms
> package. This report is currently being debated and voted upon at the
> Committee stage. I am not a member of the Internal Market and Consumer
> Protection Committee (IMCO) or the Industry, Research and Energy
> Committee (ITRE), which are the Committees currently dealing with the
> Report, however I forwarded your email to the Group Advisor who will
> take your concerns under consideration for my colleagues who are on
> these committees. Once the report is voted upon and finalised at the
> Committee level it will be debated and voted upon in the Plenary
> session. This will most likely be during one of the autumn sessions.
>
> I have received a considerable number of emails regarding the amendments
> to the Telecoms Package, file sharing and Intellectual Property Rights
> and interest in this Package is very high. If there is an umbrella
> organisation or spokesperson who you are aware of that I could meet to
> discuss this issue with I would be delighted to do so. As I would like
> to be fully briefed before the Plenary debate and vote I also welcome an
> information on this issue that you would like me to be aware of. I look
> forward to hearing from you.
>
> If you have any further comments or questions please do not hesitate to
> contact me.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Eoin Ryan MEP
>
> Committee on Economic & Monetary Affairs
>
> Committee on Development
>

> European Parliament, - Tel (+32) 02 284 5612, Fax (+32) 02 284 9612
>
> 43 Molesworth St., Dublin 2 - Tel (+353)1 662 3042, Fax (+353) 662344

Regards,
Tim Kersten