[Fsfe-ie] Ackowledgement from NSAI

Ben North ben at redfrontdoor.org
Fri May 23 23:43:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

A week ago, I sent an email to the list with a brief update on my
Freedom of Information request to the NSAI regarding various aspects of
their decision to vote 'yes' in the OOXML process.  Today I received a
letter acknowledging my request.  It is dated 22 May 2008, and looks
like a form letter.  (I wonder how many FOI requests the NSAI gets?)
It explains the FOI process, and gives the relevant dates as follows:

   Your request date 22 April 2008 [...] was received by the NSAI on 29
   April 2008.  [...] you can expect a decision letter to issue from the
   NSAI not later than 28th May 2008.

I'm not quite sure why it took a week for my letter to get to them, but
it does look like it might be early June before I hear their decision,
or, if I hear nothing, can appeal their 'refusal by non-response'.  I'll
keep this list informed.

Ben.