[Fsfe-ie] EC consultation on EU Copyright Rules

Ben North ben at redfrontdoor.org
Mon Jan 27 23:25:53 CET 2014

Just skimmed the document / questionnaire, and I think the only place
we can really have a IFSO view is the open-ended final question:

- - - - 8< - - - -

The above questionnaire aims to provide a comprehensive consultation
on the most important matters relating to the current EU legal
framework for copyright. Should any important matters have been
omitted, we would appreciate if you could bring them to our attention,
so they can be properly addressed in the future.

21. Are there any other important matters related to the EU legal
framework for copyright? Please explain and indicate how such matters
should be addressed.

Here we could legitimately make our 'please ensure that the exceptions
etc. that you've spent the first 40 pages discussing don't get
rendered ineffective by legally-protected use of DRM by
rights-holders' point I think.