[Fsfe-ie] 1-page letter, faxes at the ready

Adam Moran adam at diamat.org.uk
Thu Sep 25 09:40:28 CEST 2003

hi ciaran,

Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:

> They [the meps] got loads of "Say NO to software patents", which McCarthy countered
> by saying that her proposal didn't create software patents.  What the
> MEPs were asking for was a education about what exactly was bad about
> the directive.  This sort of information can only come from a small
> number of informed people (preferably with peer review).

i agree with the peer review but i think the group should be as open as
possible ... i sat in on a uk educational matadata standards meeting a
few weeks ago and am outraged at the schemas that that 'small number of
informed people' have cooked up ... let's not get dragged back in to
that way of doing things ... peer review means that we can trust that
the 'informed people' are the 'informed people' because their reputation
stands or falls on the content and the form of their argument

--
adam