[Fsfe-ie] Minutes 2004-04-20
Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Fri May 14 18:24:12 CEST 2004
Set of minutes that I should have posted last month. Apologies. Most
of the substantial points discussed have either been overtaken by
events or discussed on-list, so I'll keep it simple.
* Thanks to Blacknightsolutions we now have our main site at
http://ifso.ie/ along with hosting. This service, and the domain
registration costs were donated by blacknightsolutions to IFSO. The
committee expressed their gratitude for this assistance.
* Discussion on software patents lobbying activities
- A letter to Mary Harney & co should drafted for circulation
- Can a meeting with ENTEMP be organised? Would it be fruitful? Some
discussion on what we would want to achieve with this.
- More formal contact with sympathetic politicians (for instance,
Patricia McKenna who has been in touch). Ciaran has volunteered to
* Discussion of possible involvement with the indymedia event
- We have been invited to have a stand and possibly give some talks
- For this we will need some posters, handouts & flyers and possibly
some CDs to distribute.
* Some discussion of the web site (and general net presence), and how
it can be improved. Provision of committee@ and committee-position
email addresses in the ifso.ie domain was agreed on. Links to talks
and events should be provided (David Cathcart offered links to some
of Ciarans O'Riordan's previous talks)
More information about the FSFE-IE